Art Hikes & Workshops
October Art Hike - Mt Lemmon w/ The Kula Academy
Sunday October 23 - Sign Up here on Eventbrite
Experience the beauty of fall in the Arizona Sky Islands by meeting us for a fall colors art hike on Mount Lemmon! We'll meet at 9:45am at the Sunset Trailhead parking lot. Together we'll hike the Bear Wallow trail and then break for an hour to draw, paint or journal. Stephanie will provide some instruction on how to capture the scenery with your medium of choice and then let you explore your creativity on your own. We'll hike the same trail back to the trailhead parking lot.
The well marked, fairly flat trail meanders through pine, aspen and maple trees that provide ample shade and gorgeous fall color. This trail was rated one of the top 5 places to see fall colors in the state by Arizona Highways Magazine.
Description of the Bear Wallow Hike:
- Miles: 2 mile out & back
- Elevation gain: +/- 215 ft
- Highest Point: 7,950 ft
- Difficulty: This is a Level 1 Hike on Kula's Hiking Event Classifications
- Pace: 1/1.5 mile/hour
- Trailhead Parking or Permits needed: no parking pass needed
What to Bring on Your Adventure (Materials list):
- backpack w/ water and snacks
- hiking boots/sturdy shoes
- extra layer/jacket (temps are 15-20 degrees cooler up the mountain)
- trekking poles (helpful for the portions of trail with loose rock)
- drawing/painting/journal materials of your choice
- optional lightweight seat or cushion
- don't forget your Kula cloth!